Hello there

Instagram

Friday, June 19, 2015

Haul | Etude House I Need You Sheet Masks

If you have seen my post on my massive mask haul (HERE), you would have probably noticed that I basically got 2 of every type of mask that Etude House's I Need You sheet mask range has.

It might seem kind of crazy but I use sheet masks 3 times a week (sometimes every single day if I feel that my skin needs the extra pick-me-up) so I go through them pretty quickly compared to the average person who probably only uses sheet masks once a week.


I have never tried Etude House's sheet masks before so I was pretty excited to give them a try. Also, they were having a 10+10 sale when I got these so I basically got 40 pieces for the price of 20, what a steal!

Etude House has 20 type of sheet masks "flavours" and I took a close up of all of them for anyone who's interested!




My current favourite sheet masks to use are the ones from Aritaum, I've been using their Hyaluronic Acid ones as well as their Collagen ones and I really liked them! They are super hydrating and leave my face feeling super refreshed and plump.

However, my skin isn't super dry anymore (yay) so I thought I would save them for days when I really need the extra moisture and instead try different masks since my face is behaving.

What I am going to do is to update this space with each "flavour" that I've tried out when I've done the individual review on the mask. I'll also link the posts on the individual mask reviews here (once they are up) so that they will be easier to access.

The first one I tried out is the I Need You, Rice! sheet mask. It hydrates the skin, brightens my skin tone a little and smells really good.


The second one I tried was the I Need You, Bamboo! sheet mask. It doest do what it claims to do, which is to hydrate the skin and provide moisture. I feel that this mask is better suited for combination/oily skin rather than dry skin. Besides this,  I didn't really notice much else though.


I love all things aloe vera, especially when it comes to soothing the skin and this I Need You, Aloemask did that pretty well! It feels exceptionally cooling on the skin, more so than any other mask from Etude House. This mask however isn't the most hydrating one so it's better for people with combination/oily skin. 


I've never tried any Acai Berry products prior to this mask so I was pretty excited to give this I Need You, Acai Berry! one a try. The essence is really lightweight, and does provide hydration but I don't see much of a difference to my face after using it. This isn't one of my favourite masks to be honest. 


The first collagen mask I've tried was from Aritaum and I loved it so I was hoping the I Need You, Collagen! would be good as well. BAD. I really dislike the scent and I am usually not particular about scents at all. It is, however, one of the more hydrating formulas so I tolerated it just for the hydration.


Another favourite of mine is green tea. Green tea is packed rich of antioxidants which is so good for our skin so I was hoping the I Need You, Green Tea! mask would be good. Besides providing basic hydration, I didn't notice anything spectacular :<


This I Need You, Mugwort! mask is pretty much the same as the green tea one. Besides providing basic hydration, I didn't notice much of a difference to my skin. I did think it helped a little in healing those stubborn little buggers on my face - but it may just be my wishful thinking. Mugwort is so good for people who suffer from hormonal acne though!


If there is one particular ingredient that is good for soothing acne-prone skin, it has got to be honey. Honey has loads of antibacterial properties that are perfect for acne-prone skin like mine and the I Need You, Honey! mask is so moisturising and leaves the perfect dewy finish without being sticky. 


If there is one mask that smells good enough to eat, this is definitely the one. The I Need You, Mango! mask smells faintly of mangoes, nothing to overpowering and I love it! It's super hydrating, smooths my skin texture and even firms up the skin. I really love this mask.


This mask really surprised me. I never knew olives were so hydrating. This I Need You, Olive! mask is freaking good at injecting moisture into my face and it smells surprisingly good as well. I don't know how else to describe this but this mask feels like such a sweet treat whenever I use it on my face.


I'm a huge fan of bright skin tones, even before the whole KBeauty wave hit our shores. Maybe it's because I've always been plagued with acne scars (and acne) that's why I love how lemon helps to brighten up skin tones whilst lightening acne scars at the same time. This I Need You, Lemon! sheet masks does just that. It smells sooo good (like lemons!) and brightens up my skin tone really well.


Everyone knows vitamins are good for you so I was psyched to try out the I Need You, Vita Complex! mask and it didn't disappoint. It made my skin looked brighter and fresher and was extremely hydrating. I really like this one!


If you're looking for a mask that helps to reduce inflammation on the face, heals spots and provide a whole lot of hydration, then I Need You, Royal Jelly! mask is for you. I was amazed at just how well it worked and it smelt amazing to boot.


The I Need You, Pearl! sheet mask was somewhat disappointing for me because I felt that it didn't do what I expected every sheet mask to do, which is to provide the most basic hydration. While this mask did provide some, it definitely wasn't enough. On a better note, it did brighten my skin tone slightly and was cooling on the skin.







No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...