Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Review | Boots Botanics Cleansing Toner All Bright

I am obsessed with bright skin tones. Ever since I started using skin care when I was 18 years old, brightening/whitening products have always held more appeal to me than other ranges. This may be because I've always been plagued with acne and I really want to clear up all my acne scars :'<

My first ever product from Boots is their Cleansing Toner All Bright from their Botanics range. My BFF recommended this to me as I was looking out for a good toner.

So, this toner claims to cleanse impurities and freshens the skin. This toner is for all skin types and contains brightening hibiscus.




From the back of the bottle..

This revitalising toner helps visibly tighten pores and instantly brighten skin. Skin is left feeling fresher and prepared for moisturising.

Hibiscus is nature's brightness booster and a wonderful hue of pink. Natural AHA's from the flower act as mild exfoliators to help leave skin smoother and brighter.

 Our beauty scientists use active plant extracts approved by Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, to bring you beautiful skincare that's proven to work.

From Boot's website...

We've taken steps to reduce our impact on the planet at every stage in this product's journey.

  • This bottle is made using a minimum of 25% recycled content. 
  • Formulated without parabens. 
  • People tested.
And just as a caution...

The colour of the product may vary due to natural ingredients.

This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun. Use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure during usage of the product and for a week after use of the product has stopped.





The toner comes in a sizeable bottle and each bottle lasts me a pretty long time which I appreciate because I really love this toner! I have repurchased this bottle through 3 different repackagings so that is definitely a testimonial to how much I love this product.

I've been using this since I was 18 and although I've given other toners a try, I always find myself coming back to this because it really brightens my skin like no other.

The texture of the toner is pretty much like water. I poured out some on my hand I don't think you can even see anything at all. My skin drinks this up and absorbs it pretty much instantaneously.


What I'll usually do is to soak a cotton pad with this toner and sweep it all over my face, avoiding my eyes.


After applying this toner, it gives my skin a dewy look without even trying. Can you see the slight sheen on the right half of my hand? (Sorry for the bad lighting! I took these photos whilst I was doing a mask at night.)

I would say that you won't see instant brightening of your skin but with constant use, you can see the difference within a week.

There is a slight alcohol scent to the toner but it isn't overpowering at all. Alcohol is listed pretty high on the list of ingredients so if you're particular about alcohol then definitely give this product a miss!


Overall:

PROS:
  • Pretty inexpensive
  • Brightens skin tone
  • Dewy finish
  • Refreshes skin
  • Does not dry out the skin
  • Does not irritate skin
  • Does not cause break outs
  • Not tested on animals

CONS:
  • No visible tightening pores
  • Contains alcohol
  • Comes in an opaque bottle so you cannot see how much product is left
  • Not very hydrating


I say... BUY BUY BUY. I'm currently using my 4th bottle and I already have 2 more bottles as back ups. This is how much I truly love this toner. 

I used to use this together with the Wonder Pore Freshener by Etude House but when my face went through a really dry phase, I stopped using the Wonder Pore Freshener and stuck to this and it did not worsen my skin condition at all. 

Also, I can truly attest to the brightening capabilities of this toner. Although my skin isn't the best because of all my acne scars, I can honestly say that the parts of my face without scarring is honestly so clear and bright. I just wish my face would stop producing stupid hormonal acne so that my face as a whole can be truly bright :<

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...