Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Review | Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

Guess who is back with yet another beauty review! 

Today I'm going to be talking about one of Innisfree's star products, their Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask! I've read so many good things about this mask and since I've ran out of my Mask of Magnaminty from Lush, I thought I would give Innisfree's a try and see how I liked it.

My face is prone to getting acne, usually due to hormonal causes, especially during that time of the month. There is pretty much nothing I can do about it except to take antibiotics which I'm honestly not all that keen on. The alternative is to try and suck out all the impurities from my face so that my face can heal itself as fast as possible - which is where clay masks come into the picture.


According to Innisfree World's website...

The Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask is a 6-in-1 pore care product which helps to contract pores, control sebum production, exfoliate, deep cleanse, brighten skin tone and cools down the face.

This mask is made up of Jeju volcanic clay which is made with Jeju's volcanic mineral from the explosion of Jeju's volcano. It is an alkalescence resource, which is categorized as a preserved resource, and is effective in removing sebum and other impurities. (It contains 6,020mg of Jeju volcanic clay.)

This mask also has a stronger effectiveness in removing sebum due to Super Volcanic Capsule Burst which helps to smoothly exfoliate the skin. The AHA element helps the chemical action of exfoliating and makes the skin smooth.

It also has helps with clearing the skin and pore contraction. Strong absorption of sebum and the cooling effect gives refreshment and helps with the contraction of pores. 

This mask also is part of Innisfree's 4-free system: Free of parabens, mineral oil, animal ingredients and colorants.

The mask comes in a huge plastic tub (I bought the bigger sized tub) which I love because it is easy to get my hands on the product, and a lot of other people hate because of how unhygienic it is.

This is the front of the tub...


And the back of the tub...

All in Korean which doesn't help my understanding of the product at all haha.


The bottom of the tub contains English words!

Basic information about the mask and the ingredients are listed out in English.


It comes with a plastic cover to prevent the product from coming into contact with the lid. This, I really appreciate.


When you remove the plastic cover, the mask is grey in colour. The texture looks really dry which is surprising because when I see the texture of the mask in other reviews, it always looks really moist? Did I get a faulty product or something...

The mask smells like... clay. But not what I think clay smells like i.e. something unpleasant. The scent itself is pretty light and does not bother me at all.

I've been using this mask once a week, for nearly a year, and I've barely made much of a dent into it. There is honestly SO much product I don't think I'll be able to finish it by the expiration date. Any one interested in helping me finish it?


One swipe on the skin...


After blending the product out...


What I usually do is to apply this mask onto dry skin after cleansing. I'll leave the mask on for about 10 minutes then wash off with water and continue with my usual skin care regime. I typically use this mask once a week.

Overall:

PROS:
  • 4-free system
  • Smoothens skin texture
  • Skin feels smoother
  • Removes sebum without drying the skin
  • Deep cleanses pores
  • Calms down irritated skin
  • Brightens skin tone
  • Does not irritate skin
  • Does not cause break outs
  • Dries without cracking
  • Contains a lot of product
  • Lasts a very long time

CONS:
  • Does not tighten pores
  • Texture feels dry so it is difficult to blend onto skin
  • No skin cooling effect
  • Unhygienic container

I was honestly hoping this product would be an amazing one because of the good things that everyone says about it. Also, Innisfree is my all-time favourite brand EVER. However I think this product was a bit of a let down for me because it didn't leave up to it's hype.

It does what a clay mask usually does like smoothening skin texture, deep cleansing of pores and it definitely removes excess sebum on my face. Despite all that, I just feel let down because it isn't amazing? I still prefer Lush's Mask of Magnaminty over this because Lush's definitely cools down the skin and feels a lot more refreshing because there's mint inside. But this mask definitely does what it claims to do (except for the pore tightening effect and the cooling of skin) so I think all in all this mask is worth a try. 

I, however, won't find myself repurchasing this mask once I'm done with my humongous tub.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...