Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Review | Mamonde Floral Hydro Cream

Introducing the first ever product I've bought from the brand Mamonde

Mamonde is one of those brands that is popular inside Korea but not so much outside Korea. I've never actually heard of this brand until my friend recommended it to me whilst we were makeup/skincare shopping in Myeongdong. Even so, when I attempt to find reviews online on Mamonde products, only a few products stand out like their Real Skin Founder and their First Energy Serum.

My friends were looking to buy Mamonde's Rose Water Toner and I was browsing their products when I came across their Floral Hydro Cream. One swipe of this cream though, and I was sold.



Before I get into why what I love about this cream, let's see what this product claims to do.

This cream holds 61% of narcissus extract which gives long lasting moisture. This cream is said to provide moisture energy for moisturized skin from the inside out. It also protects skin from damage as well as cools the skin. 

It is free from parabens, artificial colourings, animal testing and mineral oils. 

The cream comes in a box which is sadly without any English words except for the name of the cream and "narcissus water holding secret". If you're literate in Korean then feel free to knock yourself out with the wordings on the box. If you're not literate in Korean then, well, I'm guessing you're as clueless as I am.


The cream comes in this really sweet looking, pastel blue jar (yes I hear all you tub-haters screaming about how unhygienic it is) which I really love! I'm definitely reusing this jar for other purposes once I'm done with it!


The bottle also sadly contains only Korean words. Not helpful for us native English readers.


The manufacturing date is printed at the bottom of the tub. Do take not that it isn't the expiry date!


Once again, my love for plastic covers within the container knows no end.


Can I just say how amazing this cream smells?! This is one of the main reasons why I bought this cream. I'm a huge sucker for nice-smelling products and this cream smells HEAVENLY. Think light floral but oh so pleasant. I don't exactly know what narcissus smells like but if I were to attempt to describe the scent of this cream, it smells like... jasmine?

The texture is so gentle and lightweight and it blends like a dream. It feels more like a gel than a cream actually. Despite it being so light, I find it really hydrating and whenever I feel that a certain area of my face is dry, I'll apply a bit more and the dry flakes disappear the next day.

My face has been behaving recently so I wouldn't say my skin is extremely dry these days so I can't attest to the hydrating capabilities of this cream on dry skin. But on combination skin, it is really hydrating without being oily. My skin absorbs this really quickly!

I didn't take a very good photo of the cream but if you can tell, it is translucent and white in colour.


Blended the blob slightly...


After blending it throughly. It just disappears and does not leave any oily residue at all.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Moisturising
  • Lightweight texture
  • Smells amazing
  • Refreshing on the skin
  • Blends easily
  • Skin absorbs quickly
  • No sticky feeling
  • Skin feels smooth after application
  • Does not cause break outs

CONS:
  • None really, unless you count the packaging as unhygienic 
  • May not be moisturising enough for very dry skin

Go and grab this cream if you have combination to oily skin! Just the smell alone puts me in such a good mood already. The texture is also light weight enough for humid climates and I really enjoy slathering this cream on my skin before I apply my sun block and finish up with my make up.



No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...