Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Review | Skin Food Egg White Pore Mask

I love masks and I love doing masks. If you follow me on Snapchat (YiQingggg), you'll pretty much see me doing masks almost 4 times a week, sometimes more. 

Masks have been saving my life by sucking up whatever impurities are in my pores and injecting much needed moisture into my skin. Sheet masks, clay masks, sleeping packs, you name it, I'm always on the look out for amazing masks to pamper my skin.

Today I'm going to talk about Skin Food's Egg White Pore Mask.

(Side note: If you see random red marks on my hand, just ignore it okay haha. They are the remnants of my lipstick swatches whilst I was trying out lipsticks in Watsons earlier in the day.)


It comes in a sturdy little plastic pot but don't be deceived by it's small size, it contains a good 100g inside.

On the side of the pot, it says that the mask is a pore-refining mask that contains egg white and eliminates pore-clogging impurities. Egg white is loaded with albumin that consists of amino acids.


Upon opening the lid, there's another plastic lid to make sure the product doesn't get onto the outer lid which is great because I have this pet peeve with products dirtying the lids of the containers they are in.


And now moving on to the mask itself.

It's a really creamy and paste-like texture that smells nothing like what I would imagine egg white to smell like. It smells really light and a bit floral actually, but it isn't strong at all and the smell doesn't bother me one bit.


It glides on like a dream on the skin so a little goes a long way so don't over do it! 

When I first started using this, I thought it was a clay mask and thus had the consistency of clay masks. I've been using the Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask and the texture is really stiff and hard to blend out so I thought this mask would be the same. I stuck my finger in (I'm honestly quite lazy to use spatulas) and got a huge blob on my finger which was more than enough for my whole face. Moral of the story, don't assume haha.


Before I started using this mask, my face was a hot mess. I don't usually get dry skin, my skin is combination/normal, with my T-Zone being slightly oily and my cheeks normal, not dry.

However, since March, my skin suddenly started flaking like crazy and it drove me nuts. Think of sun burn type of flakiness.

I stopped all pore tightening products like my Etude House Wonder Pore Freshener, Innisfree White C Pore Double Serum, and my It's Skin Power 10 VB Effector because I thought all the pore tightening products may have stopped my sebum production thus causing my skin to become really dry.

Although doing so helped a bit, my skin was still pretty dry, especially around my nose area. I was desperately researching products to help my poor face because it is really quite unsightly to go out with skin peeling all over my face.

When I first used this product, I was a bit worried about the pore tightening abilities because I was scared that it would cause my skin to act up again. After using this at night before my normal skincare regime and after cleansing my face, my skin stopped peeling altogether. I was so blown away.

I don't know what it is about this product that removed all the peeling. For one thing, it isn't abrasive so it wasn't like I exfoliated all the peeling skin away and I don't think this product is focused on hydration either. But something about this magical mask must have stopped my skin from peeling.

Nowadays, I still do get some flaky skin here and there around my face but it is so much easier to manage as compared to before and I really think it is largely thanks to this mask that helped my skin.

I didn't notice much in terms of pore tightening though, but I did notice my nose area becoming a lot smoother after I use this mask! Given how inexpensive this mask is (8,000 KRW), I say just go ahead and get it. After all, I don't see any downsides of using this product and a lot of benefits.

PROS:

  • Really affordable
  • Contains a lot of product
  • Creamy texture
  • Blends effortlessly
  • Scent isn't too strong 
  • Smoothens skin texture
  • Brightens skin
  • Cleanses my face well
  • Does not irritate skin
  • Reduces redness 
  • Does not cause break outs
  • Hydrates skin

CONS:

  • No pore-minimizing capabilities
  • Some people may find the tub unhygienic (just use a spatula!) 


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...