Hello there

Instagram

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Review | Etude House I Need You, Bamboo! Sheet Mask

So I've been trying to find time to do more sheet masks because my skin became slightly drier than usual all of a sudden :'< I really hate it when my face turns dry and starts flaking off especially when I have makeup on because makeup emphasises the dryness a lot more.

This time round, the sheet mask I picked up is Etude House's I Need You, Bamboo! which promises to deliver clean moisture to the face.


As usual, let's start with some specifics and what this mask claims to do...

The mask contains 0.67 fl. oz. / 20 ml.

This mask sheet contains bamboo extract (Bambusa Vulgaris Extract), providing cool, soothing relief to dryness for clean, moist skin

[Directions] 
1. Apply toner to skin after cleansing. 
2. Remove mask from pouch and apply to face, placing mask to for eye and lip area. 
3. Remove mask after 10~15 minutes and lightly massage remaining solution into skin with hands.

[Caution] 
1. For external use only. 
2. Avoid contact with eyes. 
3. Keep out of reach of children. 
4. Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear. 


When I first took out the mask from its packaging, I noticed that the mask has a light and fresh scent, nothing I can really describe. However, when placed on the face, I didn't notice the scent at all unless I breathed in deeply. I suppose this is good for people who prefer scentless products.

When the mask is on my face, it feels cooling and as a result, I feel that my face temperature is lowered.

The liquid in the mask appears to be clear and relatively light so it doesn't feel too heavy on the skin at all. When removed, there is a layer of moisture leftover on my face and my skin absorbs it relatively quickly which is good because I don't like having a sticky layer on my face that takes forever to dry.

Overall:

PROS:
  • Affordable
  • Light and fresh scent
  • Cools down face temperature
  • Provide moisture
  • Skin feels smoother after use

CONS:
  • Bad fit on the face (especially eye area!)
  • Nothing really special actually

All in all, I think that although this mask does what it claims to do, which is to provide hydration, it is more suited for people with combination skin to oily skin. It does not seem to be hydrating enough for people with dry skin.

This isn't my favourite mask but it will suffice on days when my skin needs a bit more moisture.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...