Hello there

Instagram

Friday, July 24, 2015

Review | Etude House I Need You, Collagen! Sheet Mask

Do you know that our skin starts showing first signs of aging as early as in our 20s? I first found out about this fact when I was in my late teens and as such, I started paying much more attention to skin care products. I believe that no one wants to age earlier than their time.

If there is one thing that keeps our skin youthful and wrinkle-free, it is collagen. Collagen is a protein produced by our cells that helps “hold” the skin together, giving it firmness and elasticity. 

When we’re young, our skin stays plump and smooth because it constantly regenerates itself. But as we age, collagen production slows – and existing collagen can get damaged due to sun exposure and bad skin habits. The results? Wrinkles and sagging skin going south. (Credit: x)

I was really excited to try Etude House's Collagen sheet mask because I loved the ones from Aritaum.


Starting off with some specifics, as usual...

This mask is Etude House's I Need You, Collagen! (Skin Firming) sheet mask.

It contains 0.67 fl. oz. / 20 ml.

This mask sheet contains Collagen (Hydrolyzed Collagen) that strengthens the skin for firm, youthful skin. 

[Directions] 
1. Apply toner to skin after cleansing. 
2. Remove mask from pouch and apply to face, placing mask to for eye and lip area. 
3. Remove mask after 10~15 minutes and lightly massage remaining solution into skin with hands.

[Caution] 
1. For external use only. 
2. Avoid contact with eyes. 
3. Keep out of reach of children. 

4. Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear. 


The essence inside is whitish and although it is thicker than normal, it is still pretty watery. I don't know about you but I prefer essences that are milky like this because I feel that they hydrate my skin better than the ones that are really lightweight and transparent.


The fit is, as usual, bad. Haha. I'm going to be saying this about every single Etude House sheet mask I use because I just really hate the fit around my eye area!

The scent is a bit... off to me. I don't like it. I'm not usually particular about scents so this is saying a lot. 


Overall:

PROS:
  • Affordable
  • Cooling on the skin
  • Essence is thicker than normal 
  • Hydrating

CONS:
  • Bad fit on the eye and nose area
  • I don't like the scent
  • Does not do much for my skin

IMHO, I don't think this mask is worth it at all. I mean it does the bare minimum a mask should do, which is to hydrate the skin but that's about all it does. I don't notice any difference to my skin and it isn't even as hydrating as some of the other flavours. 

If I were to choose between Etude House's collagen mask and Aritaum's, I would pick Aritaum's any day. Aritaum's is a whole lot more hydrating and I feel that it does more for my skin that this does. I was pretty disappointed because I had high hopes for this one!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...