Hello there

Instagram

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Review | Etude House I Need You, Mugwort! Sheet Mask

Prior to buying (and trying on) this mask, I've never heard of Mugwort before. Have you? I think it isn't one of the more common active ingredients when it comes to skin care/make up.

So I went to google what were the skin benefits of mugwort and this is what I found.

Whether women believe it or not, all their skin problems start with the onset of their menstrual cycle. Just before they get their menstrual periods, acne and pimples start showing up on their skin. Usually, these are restricted to the facial region. 

If you consult an alternative health care practitioner, he or she will tell you that acne is due to impurities in the blood. So, what can be the solution? The answer lies in using mugwort, which has the ability to cleanse impurities from your blood. Bid bye-bye to acne and pimples, and welcome a flawless complexion! 

Thus, if you are plagued by pimples, acne and boils and you are a woman, you could benefit from using mugwort regularly. In addition, it also will help regulate your menstrual cycle. Imagine – no pimples or breakouts! Now, isn’t that what all women of childbearing age want? In all probability, the skin benefits that you can reap from using mugwort come from the high content of Vitamin E. (Credit: x

Sounds really good huh! Considering how most of my spots come about from stupid hormones going crazy.


As usual, let's start with some specifics.

Today, I'm going to be talking about Etude House's I Need You, Mugwort! Mask Sheet (Soothing & Bright).

This mask contains 0.67 fl. oz. / 20 ml.

This mask sheet contains mugwort extract (Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract) that improves circulation for a clearer complexion.

[Directions] 
  1. Apply toner to skin after cleansing. 
  2. Remove mask from pouch and apply to face, placing mask to for eye and lip area. 
  3. Remove mask after 10~15 minutes and lightly massage remaining solution into skin with hands.

[Caution] 
  1. For external use only. 
  2. Avoid contact with eyes. 
  3.  Keep out of reach of children. 
  4. Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear. 


The essence is pretty watery and lightweight (as you can tell from the picture below) so it isn't anything too heavy which is good if you're looking for a mask to use before you go about your daily makeup routine. I know some people use masks before their makeup but personally, I prefer to use masks before I sleep so that my skin can regenerate itself with all the good stuff from the mask.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Affordable
  • Light, pleasant scent
  • Cools down face temperature
  • Pretty hydrating
  • The skin benefits of mugwort is exactly what my skin needs

CONS:
  • Bad fit on the face (as usual)


While my face hasn't been misbehaving too much recently, I feel that this mask did help a little in speeding up the healing process of the stubborn little spots that lingered on my face. That being said, it isn't a miracle worker. I just feel that the mask did help a little.

I wouldn't say this mask is the most hydrating of all, the essence is pretty lightweight after all, but it does provide hydration. The scent is pretty light and pleasant, like most of the masks from the range. Not my ultimate favourite but I probably will repurchase this and use it when my skin is more problematic just to see if it really works!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...