Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Review | Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

I believe that this is one product that everyone has heard of. If you were to google Kiehl's top 5 best sellers, their Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado will definitely be one of them.

I have heard so many good things about this eye cream and when I was in Jeju International Airport, whilst perusing the DFS, I chanced upon a Kiehl's counter and decided to take the leap and I bought the eye cream. I have been loving it ever since then, and I am actually on my second jar already. 




So what does this product claim to do?

On the jar, it says... 

This creamy preparation with Avocado Oil gently moisturizes the delicate eye area. Our unique, concentrated texture does not migrate into your eyes. Tested under Ophthamologist and Dermatologist Control. 

Net weight 0.95oz or 28g.

This isn't the usual size actually, I bought the larger version which is only available in DFS I believe. I haven't seen the larger size jar in local Kiehl's stores but I may be wrong about this.


Upon opening the jar, (there used to be a plastic cover which I have since thrown away) you will be greeted with a thick creamy green coloured cream.

Don't be fooled by how rich the eye cream looks though! When I first bought this, my friends and I were worried that the eye cream would be too thick and thus cause our make up to slide around, or worse, oil seeds to form around our eyes. This definitely does not happen. Instead, my eye make up glides on my skin beautifully.

Although the cream is really rich and creamy, almost buttery, it melts when it comes into contact with our skin and literally turns into water. I don't know how it does this but that's the best I can do when it comes to describing how it feels like. Maybe the pictures below can help explain better?


So what I'll usually do is to take a bit on my ring finger like so. This amount is enough for both my eyes.


I'll rub both ring fingers together and you can literally see the cream melting away on my finger tips.


When applied to my hand...


After blending.


It pretty much disappears. When applied though, as it is dissolving on my skin, I feel a burst of moisture which I attribute to the cream breaking up into something amazing haha. I am just not good at describing how this cream works aren't I?

The moisturising capabilities of this baby is just amazing so it is a dream for people who have dry eyes.

There is also a slight scent to the product but I can't describe it. It doesn't smell floral or anything but it doesn't bother me much either.

Overall:

PROS:

  • Very moisturising without being too rich
  • Does not cause oil seeds to form
  • Absorbs relatively quickly
  • Blends effortlessly
  • Does not cause my eye make up to cake
  • Reduces puffiness 
  • Leaves a dewy finish

CONS:

  • Does not have any anti-aging benefits
  • Does not reduce dark eye circles
  • Pricey

All in all, this eye cream does what it claims to do. It is definitely the most moisturising eye cream I've used thus far but it does also break my piggy bank a little every time I repurchase it. If you are looking for a basic eye cream which moisturises the skin really well, I say grab this. 

However, I may not repurchase this eye cream simply because I wish it had other benefits to it. 

I am not old by any one's standards but as I creep towards my mid-twenties, I have the need to start investing in anti-aging products just to prevent the first signs of aging. Whilst I believe that the first step to prevent aging is to properly hydrate your skin, it would be good if the product itself has anti-aging properties besides good hydrating capabilities.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...