Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Review | Mamonde Super Moist Foam Cleansing

I've been using my trusty Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash by Simple for the longest time and when I finished my second tube, I thought I would try something new just to switch things up a little.

On a trip to Korea, I happen to chance upon an offer for Mamonde's Super Moist Foam Cleansing at Olive Young. They were having a 1-for-1 sale so I thought since I needed a new facial cleanser, why not?




There weren't a lot of English words on the packaging so from the few words that were printed, I gathered that this facial wash is supposed to be moisturising with the main moisturising agents being hyaluronic acid and rose water.

Hyaluronic acid helps secures moisture and creates fullness of the skin, while rose water helps sooth and cool sensitive skin as well as revitalize and add a beautiful glow to skin.

This facial cleanser lathers up really well so a little bit goes a long way. It leaves my skin feeling really clean but not overly so. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and dehydrated which is an amazing feat considering how clean my skin feels.


Now, I don't usually use facial cleansers to remove makeup because I don't believe that they remove makeup cleanly enough. I usually choose to do double cleansing with a makeup remover first before using a facial cleanser (you can read about my skincare regime HERE). However, I have noticed that quite a few people choose to use facial cleansers to remove makeup. For a more thorough review, I thought I would put its makeup removing abilities to the test.

On my hand, I have Innisfree's Eco Natural Green Tea BB Cream in the shade 01, Etude House's Proof 10 Auto Pencil in the shade BR402, and Aritaum's Honey Melting Tint in the shade Bitter Rose.


After rubbing the lather onto the makeup lightly and rinsing it off with water, you can tell that most of the makeup has been removed, leaving only a faint line where the eye liner used to be at. 


Overall:

PROS:

  • Relatively affordable
  • Smells good
  • Hydrating
  • Lathers up really well
  • Leaves skin feeling clean without feeling tight
  • Removes makeup relatively well
  • Does not break me out 

CONS:
  • None really

While I wouldn't say this is my favourite cleanser ever, I've really been liking this and I honestly don't think there's anything bad about it. I think that this cleanser is good for normal/combination skin and maybe even oily skin but it may not be hydrating enough for people with dry skin.

Would I repurchase this cleanser? Probably not because there are so many others out there and I can't wait to give my Etude House and Innisfree cleansers a try. That being said, I have a good 1.5 tubes left so it's going to take me quite a while before I venture to the next cleanser.

2 comments:

TriCeo said...

Hi Yi Qing,

May we know where did you buy this Mamonde cleanser from? How about other Korean products?

We're actually operating an online skincare/cosmetics store and we're looking to bring in more Mamonde products and would thus like to check if we're able to price it competitively before making such a commitment. It'll be really helpful you could let us know where you purchase the Mamonde cleanser as well as most of your other Korean skincare products from. Thank you!

Cheers,
Yi Hui & Christine
Hush.sg

Yi Qing Cheng said...

Hi TriCeo! I actually bought this cleanser on one of my trips to Korea. I believe I bought mine in Olive Young in Seoul. I hope this helps! :)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...