Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Review | Mamonde Rose Water Daily Skin Toner

This is the first product from the brand Mamonde that I've bought. However, it is the the last product I have that I'm doing a review on. The irony. Then again, I do have a legit reason for trying this product out last. 

I'm a huge fan of the brightening toner from the Boots Botanics range. I've finished a good 4 bottles and I have 2 more as back ups. That is how much I love that toner. Our skin, sadly, does tend to get used to a product if you use it for long periods of time, so what I like to do is every once in a while, I will switch up my products just to give new products a try and to make sure my favourite products continue working for my skin.

After I was done with my toner from Boots, I thought that it was high time I gave the Rose Water Daily Skin Toner a go. It has been sitting on my vanity collecting dust for nearly a year already.

This comes in 2 sizes and I got the smaller one (250ml) because initially, I wasn't sure whether I will like it. 




The packaging basically says that it contains 90.89% rose water. Moisturizing & gentle, with damask rose water for everyday use.

On the back, there's a whole bunch of Korean words which I am unable to comprehend so sorry, I'm no help there at all.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Smells great
  • Pretty affordable
  • Does not break me out
  • Gentle on the skin
  • Provides moisture for the skin
  • Light packaging 


CONS:

  • Does not do much for my skin honestly

So firstly, the smell. is. amazing. The scent of roses is pretty overpowering although it does go away after you're done sweeping the cotton pad over your face. The scent doesn't linger. If you are sensitive to scents then you may want to give this toner a miss. If you're not, or if you're a huge fan of roses, then definitely give this a go because it does smell amazing.

I have really been liking how this toner feels on my skin. But. I have to say that it honestly does not do much for it. It does provide hydration for my skin but it isn't the most hydrating toner. This would probably be more suited for normal/combination/oily skin than for dry skin.

Also, it doesn't have any other skin care benefits like tightening pores, brightening skin tone, or any anti-aging benefits either. If you're looking for a basic toner, then this is great because it is really gentle on the skin and it does not break me out. 

But if you're looking for a toner that does something more, then this probably isn't for you.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...