Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Review | The Saem Natural Tea Tree Mask Sheet

Prior to my trip to Korea, The Saem is one of those brands which I have never heard of before. As such, I didn't exactly do any research on the brand at all. However, while exploring Myeongdong with my sister, we decided to head into one of the stores. They were having a 5+5 sale for their masks so I decided to give their Natural Tea Tree Mask Sheet a try. 

I have actually never tried tea tree products on my face before and I heard that they are really good for acne prone skin so I was really excited to finally try this. Before I get into the review, I thought I would just briefly state what my skin type is. My skin type is usually combination, with a semi oily T-Zone and normal cheek area. Some times, my skin does go through a really dry phase where my skin literally starts peeling for no reason.




So firstly, as mentioned above, this is the Natural Tea Tree Mask Sheet from the brand The Saem and this sheet mask is focused on sebum control. It claims that the tea tree contained in the mask is from Australia.

21 ml/ 0.71 fl oz.

This mask sheet contains tea tree extract, which relieves stress from the skin. It makes the skin feel refreshed and clean by eliminating the shine and uneven skin tone that results from having oily skin.

[How to use]



  1. After cleansing, prepare skin with toner
  2. Open the pouch, pull put the mask, and place on the face, using the eye & nose area to align correctly.
  3. Remove the sheet after 20-25 minutes and gently pat leftover essence for full absorption

Scent wise, I was surprised that I really liked the scent! It smells exactly like tea tree (well duh) and is really light, not overpowering at all.

The essence is very watery and it starts dropping as soon as I pulled the mask out of the packet. This definitely ensures that your skin absorbs it really quickly because of how watery and light weight it is.


This mask feels really good on the skin! I really like how the sheet mask fits perfectly around my eyes and nose area.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Smells great
  • Feels great on the skin
  • Mask is a perfect fit on my face
  • Watery essence
  • Skin absorbs it really quickly
  • It really does control sebum


CONS:

  • Not hydrating
  • Caused my skin to peel

The reason why I felt it important to include my skin type at the start of the post is because of what this mask did to my skin. On the night I used it, everything was good, I really enjoyed how this mask felt on my skin. The next day however, my skin started peeling. It was horrible. It took my skin 2 full days of intensive moisturising to go back to normal but I was a nervous wreck while it was peeling because I had to go to work and my face just looked like a huge mess.

I honestly think that this mask is only suitable for people with oily skin because it really does what it claims to do, which is to control sebum. However, it was just too potent for my face and my face couldn't take it at all. I'm not going to give this mask a really bad review because I honestly liked it but it just isn't for my skin type at all. Definitely use this mask at your own risk if you do not have oily skin!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...