Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Review | Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner


I honestly haven't done a review in the longest time. Fortunately for you (but unfortunately for me), my vertigo came back so I'm on MC for 2 days so I thought I would put my unscheduled off days to good use. My first day, I was basically bed ridden because the medication made me so drowsy, and I was feeling crappy so I slept the whole day away. The second day (today), I feel so much better so since I'm supposed to be resting on my bum, I thought I would do up these posts to be slightly productive.

So as you can already tell, this post will be about the Wonder Pore Freshner from Etude House. Now I have a love-hate relationship with this toner and that is why it took me so long to do up this post. But first, let us go through the specifics of this product.




This freshner basically claims to be a total pore solution, with 7 benefits in 1 product.

  • Deep cleanses pores
  • Maintain pH 4.5 +/- 1
  • Control a large amount of sebum
  • Minimize appearance of pores
  • Refine skin tones
  • Keep the elasticity of pores
  • Moisturise inside and outside of skin
I bought the larger sized bottle which contains 500ml (16.90 fl. oz.).

This is a total solution product that effectively cleans the inside and outside of pores with its special peppermint extract. This Freshner balances pH levels, making skin pure like baby skin and preventing skin troubles caused by pH imbalance. (Credit: x)



What I like about the packaging is the fact that it comes with a pump on top which makes dispensing the product so much easier compared to normal toners which usually only have a hole at the top.


I used to dislike this toner a lot because I felt like it was drying my skin out and that there honestly wasn't anything special about it. If you don't know, my skin tends to get pretty dry if I don't moisturise it right, and even then, it does get all flaky on me during certain times of the year. This is why I shy away from products that are drying for my skin because it gets all horrible and honestly unsightly when it becomes flaky.

But! I have now found out the way to work around this product and I really appreciate the way it does clean my pores and keep my face as spot free as it can be.

When my face is behaving, I use the Mamonde Rose Water Toner (you can read my review about it HERE). However, there are times when my face is just horrible and breaks out like crazy, most notably before that time of the month comes, so that is when I start using this toner again. I usually use it only at night, or once every 2 nights depending on how my skin is feeling and it does a great job in getting rid of any makeup residue that may still be on my face even after cleansing. I also think it does an amazing job at either stopping break outs from forming or to heal break outs because of how squeaky clean it leaves my face.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Relatively inexpensive
  • Leaves face feeling squeaky clean
  • Helps control break outs
  • Cleanses face really well
  • Helps control sebum
  • Comes with a pump
  • Lasts a really long time

CONS:
  • Drying/not moisturising
  • Has a distinct scent of alcohol


All in all I think this toner shouldn't be used by people with dry or sensitive skin because of the alcohol inside. However, for people with oily skin, this does work in controlling sebum production - I find my face a lot less oilier whenever I use this product. If you have normal to combination skin, you may have to regulate your use of this product because it does tend to be drying on the skin so you can probably do what I did, which is to only use it at night instead of in the morning as well.

I hope this review has been helpful! :>

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...