Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Review | Innisfree Smart Foundation | Perfect Cover


I think I've only done one other foundation review besides this one. I'm not a huge fan of foundations to be honest. I feel that most of them feel really heavy on my face and they don't give me the brightening and dewy effect which most BB creams/cushion foundations offer. Whilst I was in Korea though, I chanced upon this Smart Foundation from Innisfree and I was pretty intrigued by the whole idea of this tiny tube of foundation.



Firstly, let's talk specifics.

This foundation is the Perfect Cover foundation from Innisfree's Smart Foundation range. It offers SPF 33 PA+++ which is pretty decent sun protection for a foundation.

I got mine in the shade 21.

This small tube contains 15ml which you may think is really little but there's a reason for it. It comes in a small size (15ml) at a reasonable price, allowing customers to use depending on their skin type/condition without wasting. Basically it means that most girls like to buy a variety of products and if we were to get everything in full size, it means that we may end up wasting products because they go bad before we have the chance to finish the whole product. This is why Innisfree decided to create smaller sized products and price them cheaper than usual as well. This allows people to try different products and not be stuck at using only one for a really long time. I think this is a pretty amazing idea because I for one love to use a mixture of products at one go but I'm always afraid of them going bad if I don't finish them quickly enough.

Also, it comes in four types - Super Moisture / Moisture Balancing / Perfect Cover / Long Lasting, so that customers get to choose the one that best suits their skin type and condition. (Credit: x)

This is a high coverage foundation formulated to perfectly conceal skin imperfections while leaving your skin with a dewy finish.

[Directions] Apple an appropriate amount and evenly smooth over face. Gently pat to finish.


I really like the coverage of this foundation! I feel that it does cover most of my skin imperfections but is not overly heavy or cakey. I would say that it's a medium coverage foundation but you can probably layer it to achieve a full coverage. With this foundation, I don't feel the need to use concealer on my under eye area and on my blemishes unless I'm looking for a really flawless finish. You can still see my blemishes slightly but I'm okay with that.

In terms of its blending ability, I feel that it blends really well. A little bit goes a long way and you don't really have to squeeze a lot out to cover your face.


I feel that the colour matches my skin pretty well but it doesn't brighten my skin as well as cushion foundations though. Then again, this foundation is more towards coverage and not about brightening the skin so I guess that's okay with me.

There is a slight herby scent to this foundation which I realise most face makeup products from Innisfree has. It doesn't bother me too much but I know certain people (like my sister) really dislikes the scent so this is probably something that you will have to take into consideration before purchasing this foundation.

Also, it is really affordable by the way! I believe I paid 5,500 KRW for it which translates to like $6.60 SGD? It's insanely affordable.

And now, for pictures of how this foundation sits on my skin. I know I should have done a before and after comparison but my face broke out so badly this time round that I really didn't have the confidence to take a before photo. But you can still see some bumps and unevenness on my face that the foundation cannot cover.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Really good concept of smaller tube, reasonable price
  • Affordable
  • Medium coverage
  • Satin finish, not matte like most foundations
  • Blends really well
  • Does not feel heavy on the skin
  • Not drying on the skin
  • Doesn't break me out

CONS:
  • Some people may not like the scent
  • Does not cover all skin imperfections

All in all, I really like the whole concept about this foundation. I also bought the long lasting one and I can't wait to give that one a shot after I'm almost done with this tube. I'm thinking of getting the moisture ones to try when I'm done with more of my face makeup. What do you think? Does this concept of small size at a reasonable price speak out to you as well?





No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...