Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Review | Innisfree Green Barley Clear Scrub


Guess who's back with yet another review!!! I am on a roll with my Saturday Beauty Posts. I honestly missed trying out new products and reviewing them on this space when I was swamped with work and school but I am glad I took time out to photograph these photos and to sit down and blog about them.

Innisfree is one of my all time favourite brands and you can probably tell from the simple fact that the "Innisfree" label is probably the one with the most posts. I love all things Innisfree :> But enough about my rambling, let's get a move on with the main point of this post, my thoughts of the Green Barley Clear Scrub.


My holy grail facial scrub has always been ones from the brand St Ives. No matter how many different facial scrubs I use, I always find myself going back to theirs. But I thought I would give this scrub a shot because my sister said that this scrub is pretty famous. This green barley clear scrub comes with green barley and green complex.

Enriched with green barley from pure Jeju island, this line helps to create a clear and smooth skin by effectively removing skin impurities and dead skin cells.

This little bottle contains a whooping 100g. Looks can definitely be deceiving.


What I like about this facial scrub compared to the ones from St Ives is the fact that the bits inside this scrub are a lot more fine and less harsh on the skin. The bits in St Ives are a lot bigger and rougher. This will definitely be great for people with more sensitive skin because I believe this will tug on the skin less and cause less irritation.

It smells... herbal. Like how the face makeup products from Innisfree smells like. I have no problem with this scent because I'm so used to it from using all the foundations/BB cushions/BB creams from Innisfree but you might want to get a whiff of this before purchasing just in case you don't like the smell! I know of people who don't like this scent at all so this is probably something to take note before buying this product.


I usually take a generous amount of this and apply it on a damp face, then rub on my skin gently in circular motions. I exfoliate my face 3 times a week but you can do either once or twice a week, depending on your skin needs. There is no hard and fast rule regarding how many times is the optimal number of times to exfoliate your skin. It depends on how sensitive your skin is or how prone your pores is to getting blocked. If your skin is sensitive, go for once a week, if your skin is like mine and is pretty acne prone, then go for maybe twice to thrice a week. But don't overdo it and definitely make sure you properly moisturise your skin afterwards.

This facial scrub is pretty gentle on my skin and it doesn't cause any irritation or redness. (You can see the photos below for evidence.) It leaves my skin feeling clean and soft.

One word of caution though, do not get any of this in your eyes. It stings my eyes like crazy whenever I accidentally get some of this product in my eyes. I don't know if it's just my eyes or is it the product but I seriously tear up really badly every single time it gets into my eyes.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Gentle on the skin
  • Doesn't cause irritation
  • Softens skin
  • Leaves skin feeling clean
  • Can use it both as a facial cleanser and a scrub

CONS:
  • Stings when product gets into the eye
  • Some people may not like the scent

I think this scrub is worth trying even though the fact that it stings my eye is a huge no-no for me. The scent honestly isn't an issue for me but I know it might bother some people. All in all, I really like this scrub but I think I love the ones from St Ives more.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...