Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Review | Tony Moly Cristal Blusher in 05 Sugar Brown


I have been on a contouring kick recently and this was the very first contouring powder I picked up in Korea. It was featured in Get It Beauty, and also in quite a few videos from Pony so I was pretty excited to get my hands on this. This isn't the first bronzer I've got, I tried the one from Wet n Wild but it was too warm for my skin tone and it came out pretty orange so I wanted another one because my skin tone is way too fair for that bronzer. 

Today, I'll be reviewing the Crystal Blusher in the shade 05 Sugar Brown from Tony Moly. I know it says blusher but I actually use this to contour my face instead of as a blusher.



It comes in a transparent plastic casing which tends to break easily (at least from reviews I've seen online) so you may have to be careful with it! I only apply it at home before I head out so I don't foresee this being a problem for me unless I drop it accidentally. On the plus side, it is really light so it definitely is portable.

It does not come with an in-built mirror so if you intend to carry this around in your bag for touch ups, you will have to bring another mirror along with you.


The powder is really finely-milled and feels almost creamy to be honest. It doesn't flake or looks chalky on the skin which is amazing because certain Korean blushers come off really chalky on my skin.

I've used this for a good... 2 months? Every single day. And there's still so much product left. I can foresee this blusher lasting a really really long time.


The colour is a really light, neutral brown which is perfect for fair skin tones. I usually go for the lightest shade of makeup from Korean brands so I need something that isn't too dark and definitely isn't too warm and this shade hits the spot. It is a really subtle colour on my skin so if you're looking to get something on the obvious side then this shade probably isn't for you. But I like how it's barely there, yet does the job at contouring. The powder itself is matte with no shimmers or glitter so once again, perfect for contouring!


This blusher lasts a decent amount of time on my face as well and it doesn't go all splotchy on me even if I wear it for a full day (12 hours and more). It does tend to fade around the 5-6 hour mark but I do still see traces of it at the end of the day and it doesn't fade off awfully.

I don't usually apply this with a heavy hand, and it is on the light side but that's just how I like it. You can build up the colour so if you want your contour to show, just pick up more product on your brush and focus on the areas you want to contour and it will show.

For how it looks like on my skin, please refer to the following few photos. Just a disclaimer, my face has been really misbehaving recently and my face is full of spots which I can't hide with makeup but my spots aren't caused by the blusher!


Overall:

PROS:

  • Inexpensive
  • Finely-milled
  • Applies smoothly on the skin
  • Does not appear chalky
  • Isn't too warm tone or ashy
  • Light packaging (good for carrying around for touch ups)
  • Decent lasting power
  • Doesn't fade off splotchy
  • Matte
  • Buildable

CONS:

  • Does not come with a mirror
  • Packaging isn't hardy
  • Colour pay off may be too light for some people


All in all, I really like this blusher because of how it suits my skin tone. No one notices it on my face when it is on but they definitely notice it when I don't apply it so I guess it does work at creating natural contours on my face. I haven't tried many other contour blushers but this has without a doubt become a staple in my makeup routine.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...