Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Review | Aritaum Honey Melting Tint


I posted my mini collection of Honey Melting Tints from Aritaum on my Snapchat (@YiQingggg) saying that I would do a review on them soon and here's the long awaited post!


I'm a huge fan of Aritaum's lippies because I think they're of really good quality and are decently priced especially since they have frequent 1+1 sales. I believe these Honey Melting Tints retail for 8,000 KRW per tint and if you get it at 1+1, that's 4,000 KRW per tint which translates to about $5 per tint. Price point aside, let's talk about the product itself.

Most of the tints are fairly pigmented and you can definitely build the colour by layering. One coat gives you a light tint but if you do about 2 layers, the colour becomes more vibrant. Out of the 6 shades that I got, 2 of them are slightly sheer but that's probably because I picked lighter shades. The colour of the tints themselves are pretty close to the colour of the packaging so that's good gauge.

The tints glide on the lips really smoothly and are decently moisturising. I have extremely dry lips and I can deal with just this tint on my lips without a lip balm on days when my lips are doing okay (i.e. not extremely dry). A thing to note though would be the fact that these tints do emphasise any dry flakes on your lips so it would be good to first exfoliate your lips before applying these tints. 

All of the tints give off a really good fruity scent though I wouldn't say that all of them smell the same. They don't necessarily smell like their name - I wouldn't say apple tart smells like apples and peach crumble smells like peaches. But they all smell delightful.

And now, for the part which everyone is probably most interested in, the hand and lip swatches.

The first shade is #2 Sugar Syrup which is a pale pink. The colour is pretty sheer and probably works best for people whose lips are naturally lighter in colour. One thing to note is that this tint doesn't really increase in intensity even with a few layers on.


The next shade is #5 Apple Tart and it is a bright pinkish red colour. It comes off as more pink than red on both my hand and lip swatch but in real life it is a tad more reddish which makes it the perfect colour for people who want something reddish but do not want to go for a bold red lip.


#9 Peach Crumble is a pale orange shade which is lovely. The colour is like Sugar Syrup and is on the sheer side which threw me off because I was hoping for a brighter orange with a stronger colour payoff. But I like it for days when I want to have a tinge of colour on my lips, nothing too bold. The lip swatch is slightly off in colour because it's more orange than pink but I couldn't get the camera to capture the colour as it was so I had to make do with the following picture.


#10 Bitter Rose is probably the only colour I regretted buying. In all the pictures of lip swatches online, Bitter Rose comes across as a lovely mauve colour but the actual shade is a few shades darker than those shown online. I could probably deal with it if it wasn't for the fact that it doesn't do anything for my complexion at all and it makes me look a bit dead. The actual colour is closer to the hand swatch than to my lip swatch so I'm not enjoying this shade at all. It has taken a back seat in my lipstick collection and sadly, the only reason why I brought it out was to complete this post.


The fifth shade I have is #13 Ruby Grapefruit and is probably my favourite shade in my collection because it is a really striking bold orange. My favourite colour to rock whenever I'm in for a bold lip is definitely orange and the colour payoff for this tint is definitely the best out of the 6 colours that I've got.


The last shade in my collection is #16 Lady Dessert and it's a mid-range orange in the sense that the colour is stronger than Peach Crumble but is lighter than Ruby Grapefruit. Lady Dessert is good for when I want to do an orange lip but I don't want something too in-your-face. You can tell it's orange on the lips but it isn't anything too crazy. The lip swatch here is a bit off but the colour is pretty close to the hand swatch if you want a better gauge.


These are the hand swatches for all the tints side by side for easier comparison!


Overall:

PROS:

  • Really affordable
  • Good quality
  • Fairly pigmented
  • Moisturising
  • Fruity scent
  • Creamy texture that glides on the lips
  • Lasts a decent amount of time


CONS:

  • Emphasises dry flakes
  • It does transfer onto cups


I really like the honey melting tint series from Aritaum and I think that many others will agree with me. For the price, the quality is superb and the pros of this product definitely outweigh the cons. There are so many different colours to choose from so I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find one (or more than one) that you like. I bring 1-2 colours with me every where I go because they're so easy to apply and moisturise my dry lips.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...