Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Review | The Face Shop Mango Seed Heart Volume Butter


The main problem I face with my complexion is hormonal acne, and the resulting scars that get left behind. Besides this, I don't usually have much problems with my skin. But every once in a while, my skin gets horribly dry and flaky and I have to apply my thickest moisturiser to try and stop my skin from being this dry.

I got a sample of the Mango Seed Hear Volume Butter from The Face Shop during one of my trips to Korea and I tried it on my face and instantly loved how it felt like on my face. A word of caution though, like the name suggests, it's a really thick butter so if you don't like having something heavy on your face, you may want to skip this product altogether.


So this product claims to be "heart-volume face marking" by moisturising and increasing elasticity of the skin. It is a volume butter that gives your face and cheek volume and a lifted chin line using moisturising extracts from mango seed and elastic heart seed (what is elastic heart seed though?). Natural mango seed butter moisturises the face for 48 hours. Strengthened extracts from Sudan's mango and mango seed butter makes an effective moisturising coating which protects the skin for 48 hours.

Directions: Dispense an adequate amount and apply gently. Then hold the face with both hands for full absorption.

It comes with a heart-shaped massage stick which provides "volume-up" effect. This soft stick with volume butter makes your facial skin more elastic.


There in instructions inside the box if you're interested in trying out facial massages!


Let's talk packaging. I'm a sucker for good packaging and this cream definitely hits the sweet spot with its bright yellow colour and heart prints on the cap! It looks amazing whilst sitting on top of my skin care table and the colour brightens up my table. I love tub products so I have no complaints about the cream being a tub although I know there are a lot of people out there who complains about how unhygienic tubs are. They gave a super cute heart spatula so this should stop some of the complaints!

The cream is really thick, creamy, and is slightly yellowish in colour. It blends really well so a little bit goes a long way. If you have dry skin, I think this will work wonders for your skin because it really is super moisturising. But if you have oily skin, I wouldn't recommend this at all because like I said, it is a really thick cream.


It does leave a slight sheen on the face after application so that may be something to take note of! (Although you can't exactly see the sheen in the photos below.) Despite the sheen and thickness of the cream, it doesn't affect my makeup application and I have no problems with my makeup sliding around my face.


It does smell amazing. I love the scent of mango seed products and this is no exception. The scent does linger for a little while on your face when you apply it but it disappears after that. I'm a huge fan of the scent so this doesn't bother me one bit.

After using this product for nearly 2 months, I feel that it does help smoothen my skin texture. My skin always feels amazing after applying this moisturiser. On the other hand, I wouldn't say that it increases my skin elasticity, nor would I say it gave me a "heart-shaped" face. But! I didn't do any of the massages that was recommended on the packaging so that may be why.

Overall:

PROS:

  • Smells great
  • Very hydrating
  • Blends easily
  • Comes with a spatula
  • Really cute packaging
  • Good for dry/normal skin
  • Doesn't cause my makeup to slide around
CONS:
  • Leaves a slight sheen (nothing I cannot deal with but it may bother some people)
  • Texture may not be very suitable for very humid climates
  • Slightly oily 
  • Stings my face slightly when my face is sensitive

I love this cream and it's my holy grail whenever I have super dry skin that refuses to absorb hydration from other creams. But on days when my skin is behaving, I find myself reaching for other lighter creams that aren't this thick. I'm generally not that fussy with oiliness of the skin after I apply all my skin care products because I don't touch my face once my skincare and makeup is done, so as long as it doesn't cause my makeup to cake or to slide around, I'm good to go. But if an oily residue is something that bothers you then it's probably best to skip this altogether. Also, if you have sensitive skin, you may give this a miss as well because I find that when my skin is sensitive, it does sting my skin slight, especially in the area around my nose.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...