Hello there

Instagram

Monday, April 25, 2016

Review | Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer


I've heard so many amazing things about the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion but I can never find it in me to blow over $30 on an eyeshadow primer so when my friends told me that a good dupe for that was the Proof 10 Eye Primer from the brand Etude House I thought I would get that to try out first because I've never used an eyeshadow primer before actually (I never thought I needed one).


Now, before I get into the actual review, I thought I would talk about my eyelids first. My eyelids aren't very oily ones and I do find a bit of creasing only in the inner corners of my eyes after about 5-6 hours but nothing I can't blend away with my fingers. Also, depending on the eye shadow/mascara I'm using, my eye makeup does get a bit smudgy on the outer corners of my eyes but nothing too drastic once again.

So, the Proof 10 Eye Primer supplies coverage to eyelids and around the eyes to enhance eye shadow colour and integrity for a longer lasting, Perfect 10 look. 

Directions: Use fingers to gently apply primer to upper and lower eyelids prior to eye shadow application. Also applicable to eye lines prior to eyeliner application. (Credit: x)


It comes in the tiniest nude-coloured bottle with a pretty long navy coloured cover which helps with the application of the primer. This small bottle contains 10ml which lasts a really long time considering you just need a tiny bit for your eyes. 

The tip is a doe foot applicator (like those you see in lip glosses) and I usually dab 2-3 small spots onto each eye lid before blending it out on areas where I will be applying eye shadow. It is pretty small which allows for precise application. I would have preferred if the cover was a tad shorter because it makes it more travel-friendly but I'm just nit-picking. 


The primer is flesh-toned and is somewhat thick in texture. Surprisingly, it blends out pretty well and it pretty much disappears once you're done blending. This primer leaves my eye lid feeling smoother and non-greasy which I greatly appreciate. 

There is a very slight scent to it, if I were to attempt to describe it, I will have to say that it smells like makeup and is the slightest bit unpleasant but unless you're actually sniffing the product like I was to detect a scent, it is pretty much odourless. I certainly don't smell anything when I apply it onto my eyelids. 


What I generally look for in a eyeshadow primer is that it should prolong the wear of my eye makeup, and help to prevent creasing. A definite plus is if it helped to improve the pigmentation of my eye shadows. This eyeshadow primer did all that.

In the photo below, the top swatch is eyeshadow with the eyeshadow primer as a base and the bottom swatch was without the primer and you can clearly see that the primer actually helped make the colour more vibrant and pigmented. 

Also, after using this primer, I feel that my eyeshadows last a lot longer before creasing and it definitely reduces fall outs which is great because I don't have the time to check my makeup often when I'm at work.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Affordable
  • Blends pretty well
  • Non-greasy
  • Skin feels smoother
  • Makes eyeshadow colours more vibrant
  • Eye makeup lasts longer
  • Lesser fallout


CONS: 
  • Cover of the bottle makes it a bit less travel friendly
  • Slight scent
  • A bit unhygienic 


I like it. I like how an additional little step helps prolong the duration my makeup stays on my face. I wasn't sure whether I would like this when I first got it because I feel that often I find that highly-raved about products disappoint me because they just don't work for me but this did and I am glad to say that I don't need to blow more than $30 on an eyeshadow primer.

If you're just starting out with makeup and you want an affordable option for eyeshadow primers then definitely check this one out because I am really happy with this find. I don't use this every single day but on days when I'm doing a full shift at work, or I know I'll be going out for a long time I'll always be sure to slap some of this on my eye lids and it never disappoints. I will be repurchasing this unless I find another better one.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...