Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Review | The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam


Everyone knows that rice water has a lot of skin care benefits. Rice water has moisturising, antioxidant, and healing properties that help to improve circulation, prevent or fade age related spots, and ease inflammation to give you healthy, better moisturised and clear skin. As long as it’s left on the skin, rice water is even believed to offer mild protection from the sun. (Credit: x)

When I first heard of the Rice Water Bright range from The Face Shop, I did a little research and found out that their best-selling product from this line is their cleansing foam so I got it just to give it a try.


On the tube, it says that it is a natural brightening solution with rice water. It is supposed to be a moisturising, brightening and detoxifying cleansing foam made from moringa oil and soapwort. It's creamy and cushiony texture eases handling and moisturising ingredients leave the skin feeling hydrated after cleansing by minimising moisture loss. It is part of a moisturising and brightening cleansing line made using quality rice water.

Directions: Dispense an adequate amount and lather fully with water. Massage gently onto the entire face and rinse thoroughly with water.

I got the larger tube, they have one in 150ml and one in 300ml.


The cleanser comes in your typical pale pink tube like any other cleanser. This definitely makes dispensing the product hygienic and convenient.

The texture of the product is a thick, white cream. I initially thought it would be hard to spread out and use because of how thick the texture is but it blended surprisingly well, even without water. It lathers up really well and a little bit definitely goes a long way.

The foam has a nice scent that smells of powder and flowers. It has the same scent as the Eye & Lip Makeup Remover from the same range. I like it because it isn't overpowering and it definitely does not smell bad but if you're not a huge fan of products with fragrances then you might want to skip it altogether.


Like all my other reviews on cleansers, I thought I would put its makeup removing abilities to the test. I always do a double cleanse whenever I wear makeup because I don't want any makeup left on my skin when I go to bed. The makeup remover I'm currently using is Innisfree's Olive Real Cleansing Oil (review up soon!) and I use a facial cleanser to remove any last traces of makeup (and makeup remover) left on my skin.

On my hand, I have Lancome's Mat Miracle Foundation, The Face Shop Lovely Me:Ex Pastel Cushion Blusher in 05 Peach Cushion, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 674 Coralberry, and Etude House Proof 10 Auto Pencil in BR402. I then applied a bit of the foam, rubbed it all over my hand, then rinsed it off with water.


The foam removed all of the makeup except for the eye liner which I was really surprised actually. Usually most of the cleansers I've used before managed to remove the eyeliner so I'm guessing that its makeup removing capabilities aren't as good as the rest. But then again, if you do a double cleanse like I do, this shouldn't be a problem for you.


I've been using it for a week or so and I must say that I am glad that it doesn't dry out my skin. I've read a lot of reviews that rave about this product, and others that say that this cleanser strips the skin of moisture. My skin feels pretty comfortable after using this cleanser and I don't feel that my skin feels tight after using this.

The one bad thing I didn't like about this cleanser is how it stings my eyes whenever I accidentally get some foam in my eyes. It's my pet peeve and I hate it when my eyes hurt so this has put me off slightly from this foam. Besides this, I saw only minimal brightening effects right after I'm done washing my face but I can't say that this brightening effect actually lasts so it kind of deflates the claims straight up.

Overall:

PROS:
  • Lathers up very well
  • Floral, powdery scent
  • Does not dry out my skin
  • Did not cause any breakouts
  • Skin feels comfortable after use
  • Brightens my skin slightly

CONS:
  • Doesn't remove makeup totally
  • Stings my eyes

All in all I think this cleansing foam is pretty decent. I have friends who really dislike this foam but while I don't think this form is amazing, I think it suffices as a everyday cleanser. Would I repurchase this? Not really. I believe there are better cleansers out there that are waiting for me to try them.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...