Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Review | Innisfree Mineral Stick Concealer


Let's talk about concealers. If you've read my previous review post on the Innisfree Smart Foundation in the Long Lasting formulation, you would have known how disappointed I was in the coverage and that I needed a concealer to cover my blemishes. Now, one such concealer which I have been loving is from the same brand, and is as the title of this posts suggests, the Mineral Stick Concealer.



I have mine in the shade No. 1 Light Beige and I really love how it matches my skin to the T, and its concealing abilities is truly amazing. But let us first talk about product specifics. We are supposed to apply the soft stick concealer to allow natural and beautiful skin.
  1. Creates natural, beautiful, and healthy skin
  2. The melting butter ingredient enhances skin adherence and moisturises the skin
How to use:
  1. After applying BB cream or foundation, gently apply onto any blemishes
  2. Lightly dab to blend in the concealer



The concealer comes in a matte white tube and you can remove the cover and screw the product out by twisting the top half of the stick. I find stick concealers the most convenient ones to use because you literally swipe the concealer on areas where you need more coverage, then use your fingers (or a brush) to blend the edges out. It's a lot more convenient to use than liquid concealers (the ones which come in a tube form) or pot concealers and definitely is more travel-friendly.

There's a slight herbal scent to this concealer but it's so faint that I wouldn't have even noticed if it I wasn't sniffing around for a scent. You can't actually smell it even if you apply it on your face.


This consistency of this concealer is probably thicker than most but and it is a tiny bit harder to blend out compared to say The Face Shop Dual Veil Concealer but it isn't difficult to blend out by any means. That being said, the heavier consistency probably gives rise to the fact that the coverage it provides is excellent. It provides a medium to full coverage and I pretty much only need to apply one layer of the concealer to conceal most of my blemishes. Considering the thicker consistency, I am glad to say that this doesn't cake up on my skin at all which is a pretty amazing feat.

It lasts a decent amount of time on my skin and I can typically get 4-6 hours of wear from this concealer before my blemishes start showing up.


I took a few before and after photos to show the concealing abilities of this concealer.

 (Before concealing - You can see my acne scars on my left cheek together with redness around my nose.)

(After concealing.) 

 (Before concealing - Some scars in between my eye brows, on my cheeks and on my chin. Redness around my nose area.)
(After concealing.) 

Overall:

PROS:
  • Medium to full coverage
  • Conceals dark eye circles and blemishes well
  • Doesn't cake up
  • Travel-friendly
  • Doesn't cause skin irritations
  • Lasts a decent amount of time on the skin
  • Colour matches my skin tone

CONS:
  • Matte white tube gets dirty quite easily

I really like this concealer and I think it really does its job of concealing pretty decently. I would definitely repurchase this eventually but I want to try out other different types of concealers first because there are so many other ones in the market. But I have recommended this concealer to most of my friends so that says quite a lot!




No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...