Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Review | The Saem Eco Earth Power Light Sun Cream


I have never tried products from the brand The Saem before, besides their Tea Tree Sheet Mask and since I've heard good things about their concealer, I popped into one of their many outlets to have a nosing around. They were having a 1+1 for their Eco Earth Power Light Sun Cream and 10,000 KRW for 2 sunblocks is just insanely affordable so I found myself picking this up and paying for it.

I have never tried sunblocks from Korean brands before so let's see how they fare in comparison to my Neutrogena sunblock.


It says that it is "a moisture cream daily sun cream spreads smoothly on the skin without leaving shine behind on the face."

[How to use] At the last step of skin care, apply on the skin area exposed to UV rays the most.

It is SPF 50+ and PA +++. It also contains 50g.


First off, if we're talking about price, this sunblock is insanely affordable, especially if it's on discount. We're talking about $6.50 for a 50g tube. Do you know how crazy that sounds? Even my Neutrogena cannot beat this and it is already very reasonably priced.

The sunblock comes in a matte white tube with a bright yellow cover, basically your typical packaging for sunblocks. Everything on the tube except for the name is in Korean which I cannot read so I'm no help if you want to know what the words say.


The product is a white liquid which is really lightweight and watery in texture. It blends like a dream. On my hand, it gave off a matte finish but when I applied it on my face after all my skin care products, the finish wasn't fully matte or dewy but somewhere in between, like a satin finish. 

My skin felt very smooth after application but it was slightly tacky to the touch. I'm not particular about tackiness so this didn't bother me. 

The scent was amazing though. It didn't smell anything like a sunblock and if I were to be honest, the first thought that came to my head when I smelt it was mango yoghurt. I really like the scent and it pretty much disappeared after application. 


Overall:

PROS:

  • Insanely affordable
  • Lightweight, watery texture
  • Doesn't smell like a sunblock
  • Semi-matte, satin finish
  • Smoothens skin texture
  • Blends like a dream
  • Doesn't feel heavy on the skin

CONS:
  • None

I am really liking this sunblock so far and I'm bringing this one overseas with me. It is a lot more travel friendly than the Neutrogena one because it is a lot smaller and lighter. I can't wait to try more sunblocks from Korean brands because this sunblock is really promising. 



2 comments:

Nabila Setya Putri said...

is it waterproof?

Yi Qing Cheng said...

Hi! I don't believe it is. It is water resistant in that it lasts for a while in the water but I believe it is always best to reapply sunblock especially if you're heading to the pool. I hope this helps!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...