Hello there

Instagram

Monday, July 20, 2015

Review | Etude House I Need You, Rice! Sheet Mask

Since I've gone through nearly half of my Etude House sheet masks, I thought I would do a Etude House, I Need You sheet masks review week. If I were to post these reviews up on my weekly beauty review day, it will take a good 20 weeks before I'm done with the posts. So for each day this week, I'm going to be reviewing one "flavour" from Etude House.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently, I've really been really love the sheet masks from Aritaum, especially their Hyaluronic Acid and Collagen ones. They are super moisturising and leave my skin feeling really soft and plump. But that's another story altogether.

My face hasn't been feeling dry and flaky in a while so I thought I would save dem amazing goodness for another day when I really need the added moisture. Also, I wanted to take the chance to try out other masks since my face has been behaving for quite a while already.

The ones I reached for were from the brand Etude House. Now, I've never actually tried Etude House masks before but they were having a 10+10 sale and I thought, why not? So I grabbed two pieces of every mask "flavour" that they had (You can click HERE to see my mask haul).

The first mask I tried was their I Need You, Rice! which appears to be for "purifying" (as stated on the packaging and I've really been liking it!

The packaging of the mask is nothing special, just your typical sheet mask with the name printed in front, and the ingredients and other information behind.


Some general information:

The mask contains 0.67 fl. oz. / 20 ml.

This mask sheet contains rice extract (OryzaSativa (Rice) Extract) that brightens up dull and rough skin for smooth and healthy skin. 

[Directions] 
1. Apply toner to skin after cleansing. 
2. Remove mask from pouch and apply to face, placing mask to for eye and lip area. 
3. Remove mask after 10~15 minutes and lightly massage remaining solution into skin with hands.

[Caution] 
1. For external use only. 
2. Avoid contact with eyes. 
3. Keep out of reach of children. 
4. Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear. 


The first thing that I noticed as I took the sheet mask from its packaging is that the liquid in the mask is whitish in colour and felt relatively thick in texture which I love! I feel that liquids with thicker consistencies means that the mask is more hydrating and will have better effects on the skin. True or not, I have no idea actually haha.

The next thing I noticed is the smell. It smells pretty good, like flowers? Although you can smell the scent throughout the whole duration the mask is on your face, it isn't overpowering or unpleasant which is fine by me.


Upon applying the mask on my face, I could feel the surface temperature of my face going down which is amazing because I didn't put the mask in the fridge prior to application. 

I usually don't notice the fit of sheet masks on my face simply because most brands I've used seem to feel okay on my face. But oh my word, if there was one bad thing about this mask, it is the fact that it is such a bad fit on my face. 

I don't usually like to take photos of myself doing sheet masks 'cuz I think it's quite a joke but I just had to for the purpose of this review. (Don't get a shock when you see the photo below!!)


CAN YOU JUST TELL HOW BAD THE FIT ON MY FACE IS?! I mean it's fine around my nose, on my forehead and everywhere else. But the eye area?!

My eyes aren't small by any body's standard but they aren't large as well. I couldn't open my eyes fully at all when the mask was on my face. It was so bad and uncomfortable I wanted to rip the mask right off as soon as I realised the fit was this bad. 

I've read that some people like to have smaller holes around the eyes so that the mask works on the eye area but I really hated how it felt on my face and ripped it right off as soon as 15 minutes was up. I felt that this was a great shame because there was still so much liquid in the mask left and I could have left the mask on my face a lot longer if it didn't feel so uncomfortable on my face.

After removing the mask, a layer of moisture remained on my face but my skin quickly absorbed it with a little patting and massaging.

Overall:

PROS:
  • Really affordable
  • Smells good
  • Hydrating
  • Cooling and soothing on the face
  • Smoothens skin texture
  • Brightens skin tone a little

CONS:
  • Bad fit on the face!

I feel like all in all, this mask did a pretty good job. My skin feels hydrated and smoother, looks a little brighter, it smells good and there's generally nothing really bad about it except for the fit. I did not notice any purifying benefits though - I mean what exactly am I suppose to look out for?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE this rice mask sheet, I bought 10, and I already use 9 T^T wishing that etude house global would send their items to Indonesia again T^T

http://farrelandmerry.blogspot.co.id/2015/12/etude-house-i-need-you-mask-2014-rice.html

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...