Hello there

Instagram

Monday, September 7, 2015

Product Empties #1


I love watching Product Empties videos on YouTube because well, I am nosy and also because of the really short reviews that most YouTubers include while mentioning the product. I find that the little reviews in the videos are the most accurate because the YouTubers had enough time to finish up the product and really test it to see if they like it or not.

Moreover, most of them also talk about whether they would repurchase the items and that for me is important. I mean you will only repurchase items you really like right?

And so, I thought I would save up some of the products I've finished to share with everyone. I have done reviews on some of these products so I will link them below if I do have a review up. If not, fret not because I'll include a short summary on my thoughts of the products.




So the first one is my Apple Juicy Lip&Eye Remover from my all-time favourite brand, Innisfree. Firstly, I love the scent of this product. It smells amazing. Secondly, while I still prefer the Lancome Bi Facil, this removes my eye make up decently well (I usually use eye shadows and waterproof mascara and it removes my mascara pretty quickly). It does sting my eye slightly if I accidentally get some in my eyes. All in all, I think this is pretty good for the price (I believe I got this for less than $10, but I could be wrong.) Would I repurchase this? Yes, but not at the moment because I want to try other makeup removers. (You can read my full review HERE.)


Another empty is my Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash. I've gone through 2 tubes of this facial cleanser already and I have another one at SH's place. I like how gentle it is, especially in the mornings when I wake up and don't have a lot of gunk on my face to wash off. I wouldn't typically use this at night because I feel like I need a stronger and more deep cleansing facial wash to remove all the make up and make up remover on my face. Even though I always venture off to try other facial washes, I usually find myself repurchasing this after a while.


My love for this product is real. This is probably my all time favourite toner. It is the Boots Botanics Cleansing Toner All Bright. I have used up 4 bottles of this and I have 2 more as back ups because you can't find this in Singapore. This toner brightens up my face like no other. If you are looking for a toner which helps to brighten up your skin, this is definitely the product for you. It doesn't strip my skin of moisture (although I would say that this isn't that hydrating) and it doesn't break me out. All in all, this has been and forever will be a staple in my skin care routine. (You can read my full review HERE.)


The area around our eyes is the first place that show signs of aging so I am very concerned about investing in an effective eye cream which properly hydrates my eye area. Hydration is, after all, the first step to anti-aging. I have heard so many good things about this and I when I finally got my hands on it, I'm so glad to say that this definitely lives up to the hype. It's creamy, it's super hydrating and yet it does not cause oil seeds to form around my eyes. My skin absorbs it really quickly and it does not cause my eye make up to slip and slide around my eyes. If I had to say one bad thing about it, it would probably be that it does not really do anything else besides hydration. It doesn't help to reduce dark eye circles or eye bags. Also, it is pricey. (You can read my full review HERE)


Another staple in my skin care regime for the past year is Innisfree's Green Tea Seed Serum. I love the scent, I love how refreshing it feels on the skin, I love how quickly my skin absorbs this. I also love the antioxidant benefits of green tea (although it doesn't say that it contains antioxidants, let's all pretend that it does). One qualm I have about this is that it does not hydrate my skin as well as it claims to do. I mean don't get me wrong, it does provide moisture but I wouldn't say it's hydration factor is high. It is probably better for oily skin than for dry or even normal skin. I just like how this feels on my skin and I'm currently on my second bottle. Would I repurchase this though? Probably not, simply because there are so many other alternatives out in the market that I want to try.


This has got to be my holy grail brightening serum. I tried it once and fell in love with it. I can't wait till I go back to Korea because I'm honestly going to buy at least 2 more bottles of this. I'm talking about It's Skin's Power 10 Formula VC Effector. It brightens my skin so well and it smells amazing. If you like citrusy scents, you're really going to love this. And it is so crazily affordable, I believe it is only $12 for 30ml? This is the dupe for the famous Skin Inc Vitamin C Serum. I haven't tried the one from Skin Inc because the price is insanely expensive but if it's anything like the VC Effector, then I'm glad I got this because it does wonders at just a fraction of the price.


This moisturiser was honestly one that I hoped would blow me away. Sadly though, this definitely did not live up to the hype. The Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream_EX is one product that I will never repurchase. Firstly, although it is pretty hydrating, it didn't manage to properly hydrate my skin when my skin went through a super dry phase. It just wasn't enough, even when I applied the Water Sleeping Pack on top of it. Also, for some weird reason, I got through this tub really quickly, and this stuff is expensive. I've tried better moisturisers that are so much cheaper than this. This was a huge disappointment for me because every one said so much good things about it.


I used to love this product a lot. The Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX used to be a holy grail for me and I lived for the nights when I got to apply this on my face because I love the scent and I love how it felt on my face. However, once I started venturing out and trying a lot more products, this has taken a back seat and I'm just not that into this any more. I've finished up 2 full sized tubs and probably 4 of the sample size tubs and honestly, I don't think it's worth the hype. While I love how it feels on my skin because of how light weight it is, it actually isn't as moisturising as it claims to be. As mentioned above, when I went through a really dry skin phase, I packed this on top of the Water Bank Gel Cream and it still wasn't enough to properly hydrate my skin which was a disappointment. I still have 2 more full sized tubs to go through and I'm not really looking forward to it anymore? Instead, I find myself wanting to try the Green Tea Sleeping Pack from Innisfree. 2 tubs is going to take me forever to go through though.


I love this mask. I recommend it to absolutely everyone and anyone who cares to listen/ask. The Skin Food Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is honestly the best scrub I've ever used on my face. It smells amazing, it exfoliates my skin so well without irritating it at all, and it is surprisingly hydrating which isn't what you would normally say an exfoliator is. All in all, I love this scrub and I have repurchased it myself.


Acne patches are all the rage in Korea. I'm not even kidding when I say that Koreans literally walk around with acne patches on their face in the public. While I haven't seen Singaporeans doing this yet, I'm definitely not going to be the first one to do so. I got this in Korea because my sister said that acne patches are amazing and I would say that the Care Zone Doctor Solution A-Cure Clarifying Spot Patch does work decently. I got this at Olive Young and I believe this is one of the drug store brands found in Korea. I've never heard of this before but because they were going for buy 1 get 1 free, my sister and I thought we would give it a try. I wasn't expecting much from this but I would say that it does work sometimes, and others, not so well. I can't narrow it down to what type of spots it works best on but I do find myself reaching for this whenever I develop a particularly big and painful spot. It protects the skin from dirt and does have some healing capabilities so I do find the spots becoming slightly smaller than before I placed the spot patch. Would I repurchase this? Probably not. But only because I bought the one from Nature Republic and I've yet to give that one a try.


I thought I would throw this one in as well even though it isn't actually a skin care product but I finished up my Sunsilk Instant Smoothening Cream recently. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of this but Sunsilk is one of those brands which I constantly find myself reaching for every once in a while. I tend to alternative mainly between Sunsilk and L'Oreal when it comes to hair products. This cream works decently well on those days when I feel that my hair feels more damaged than before. I don't think it does wonders to my hair but it does work as a leave in hair conditioner and for the price, there's nothing much I can expect from it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! This was really helpful :)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...